Profile

NAME: 大路痴



You only Live Once, so LIVE to dare, DARE to try, TRY to succeed, SUCCEED to fail, FAIL to learn, LEARN to live

VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE



Wishlist



* A Tablet
* Iphone 4
* Coach or Gucci bag/pouch/wallet
* A Mont Blanc Pen
* A Nintendo Wii
* A car license
* A car
* A diving license
* Qualify for Achievers Club 2010
* Reach my ideal weight of 50kg
* Try Bungee Jumping
* Try 'The Line' buffet at Shangri La Hotel
* A Man Utd Home Jersey
* Watch a Man U match live at Old Trafford
* Go Taiwan/HK/Thailand/Korea/Japan/
/USA/Aussie/Europe
Sunday, August 15, 2010

THOUGHTS...

Man... I wish i have more time for this. Nowadays i feel so frigging tired after a long day that i don't really feel like blogging anymore. I used to love pouring out my thoughts here, i used to love posting up pics of all the funny and "happening" moments in my life. There are so many backlogs which i will probably post up next time (if i have time). I really need to remind myself not to be so lazy because ultimately, i put a lot of effort into maintaining this blog. I really don't wish to see it die off like that...


Yes, many things and events took place during the past few months.

- I got to know a "kiwi", who soon became an object of my affection.
- I was involved in my first roadshow.
- Unfortunately, i also lost my iphone during one of those roadshows :'(
- I revisited Malacca with my colleagues for the first time in a long time.
- I went to Bintan again for my course training
- I ate raw moving octopus for the first time in my life O_o
- I almost blackout in the train for some unknown reason last week
- I met people who taught me things and enlightened me through their life experiences.
- We shifted into our long awaited new office (finally!), with a marine tank proudly guarding our entrance.
- New colleagues joined my group, bringing more "gal power" to it now. Ha...
- Someone from the past came back to haunt me once again and i boldly took the step of letting it go.

Despite all the changes that took place, the main thing that concerns me is still my job. What i do for a living taught me a lot of things. I faced people from all walks of life. I've seen the "ugly side" of people. Yes, even people who are supposedly close to me, yet behind my back throw all sorts of unkind remarks. What's wrong with doing what i do?

Do i kill people?
Do i steal from people?
Do i hurt people in anyway?


I know many people still have misconceptions about financial planners. They think we are a bunch of blood suckers trying to squeeze out every single cent from them. To them, we are like parasites. In fact, the only place we are welcome is probably at the funeral! Yes, it's sad but true. People only see the true value in what we do when something serious happens to someone close to them. But even if they don't wish to take up anything from me, is it necessary to insult my job? So what if i have a degree? Yes, even an 'O' level grad can take up this job. So what? To me it's no big deal. Do i have to follow the so call "rule" of the society, find a 9am-5pm job, have a stable job, stable income, get promoted, married, have kids, make use cpf monies to buy house and retire from there for the next 20 over years?

Sadly, many people did not realise that they are living in a "non-realistic" world. 9am-5pm job hardly exist anymore. In fact, some even have to work 5.5 or even 6 days week. Stable job, stable income? What the hell is that? Jobs where you work like mad, complain about the bosses, complain about the colleagues and some even complain about the cleaning lady! When it comes to month end, one will probably wonder, "where is my next pay rise gonna come or when can i find a better job?" And then when you get promoted, the higher you climb, the more stress/danger you found yourself in. Gossips and rumours start to fly all over the place, you found invisible darts on your back, you worried about recession and the company not doing well, and then you worried about where the company is gonna cut cost from so...





"BANG!"


"SORRY WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO DO THIS, BUT WE CANT AFFORD TO HIRE YOU ANYMORE. THE COMPANY IS NOT MAKING ANY PROFITS AND WE NEED TO CUT OUR LOSSES. THEREFORE, WE HAVE TO GET RID OF OUR "BIGGEST LIABILITY", WHICH IS...



YOU!!!






So much for being a loyal servant and spilling your guts out for the company huh? So what if you are the president or VP of XXX company? Does that mean your job is secure, stable and safe? So what happens now? You are back to square one. Even hawkers earn more than you. And what is their qualification? For god sake, many of them are holding on to O level cert or PSLE cert. And yet some of them are earning so much more than the so call "degree holders" out there. So what say you?



And talking about CPF money, WAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA...



C'mon, seriously? Does everyone really think that cpf money is suffcient to buy you a nice house and let you retire in comfort? Get a life! You either get a dream home or a dream retirement, but NOT BOTH. Unless of course, you are from the golden goose. For the average income earners out there (by that, i mean those who earn less than 5 figures per month), do they realise that some of them may never see their cpf money again for a long long time based on the "stable job stable income" belief that they are holding on to. For one, the cpf minimum sum scheme is gonna increase over the years. And if unfortunately you do not accumulute enough to hit that minimum sum, what is the next step? Oh, don't worry. There is an annuity scheme by the government. Great! So now the money which i worked so hard for my entire life is being lock-in once again and i will be control by how much i can withdraw from it each month. Hurray!!! Dream holiday? More like dream on!



So is this the way we want to play out our path?
To put our future on what we can't control.



Back to what i do.


Normally i don't react this way. As long as people leave me alone, i will not bother them. But it is starting to irritate me, BADLY... I hate it when they tried to put me down and poison my mum into those negative thoughts. They are the ones putting a strain on our relationship. Suddenly my mum is becoming one of them. And the funny thing is, the same people who talks behind my back are not neccessary living any better either. Yet they go on and on about how unstable my job is, there is no basic pay, how i waste my time and money studying uni, basically comparing my degree cert to a worthless piece of paper blah blah... What they fail to realise is that by talking to people about what i do and how i can benefit them, i can easily earn in a couple of hours what some people earn in a month. Of course, nothing comes for free. Every single cent i earn is the result of my sweat and pain. For every deal i close, i breathe easier knowing that i help to bring someone closer to their dream. In times of claims, i am glad that i indirectly help my clients tide over their financial burden. I do not expect any gratitude from them. All i know is that i have done my part.

So what if i don't a basic pay? I control how hard i want to work. I reap what i sow. I can go for holiday as and when i want without taking leave. I can go shopping or do my own personal stuff anytime of the day. I do not have to wake up at a fixed timing every morning. Heck, i can even don't go office if i don't feel like going. I do not have to worry about getting retrench. My bosses are great. My colleagues are fantastic. My working environment is wondeful. We work hard, we play hard. Life is Great!

Tell me, what more can i ask for?

So in actual fact, while those people are talking behind my back, they are the ones making a fool out of themselves. Eventually, i will prove them wrong and make them eat their own words. At this point, i don't really care about what they think about anymore. All i care about is those friends and clients who believe in me. Yes, i am truely grateful to have people in this world who still appreciate and respect me for what i do. Even if they may not know this, all i wanna say to them right now is a big




"THANK YOU"


Posted by 大路痴 @ 9:55 PM
2 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





eXTReMe Tracker

 


Skin designed and coded by Sparrow.