Profile

NAME: 大路痴



You only Live Once, so LIVE to dare, DARE to try, TRY to succeed, SUCCEED to fail, FAIL to learn, LEARN to live

VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE



Wishlist



* A Tablet
* Iphone 4
* Coach or Gucci bag/pouch/wallet
* A Mont Blanc Pen
* A Nintendo Wii
* A car license
* A car
* A diving license
* Qualify for Achievers Club 2010
* Reach my ideal weight of 50kg
* Try Bungee Jumping
* Try 'The Line' buffet at Shangri La Hotel
* A Man Utd Home Jersey
* Watch a Man U match live at Old Trafford
* Go Taiwan/HK/Thailand/Korea/Japan/
/USA/Aussie/Europe
Tuesday, August 31, 2010

RAISIN CREAM CHEESE~ OOO LA LAAAA!!!

Ok, i admit i am very hungry now. That's why i am crazy enough to blog about this in the middle of the night. Yes, that's right. I am suddenly craving for the "Raisin Cream Cheese" bread from Barcook bakery!

Being a "West-erner", finding good food around my area is always a challenging task. Luckily, working at Raffles Place does have one advantage. Good food are in abundance! Hurray!!! The fact that Hong Lim food centre is just 5 mins away from my office simply put a smile on my face. I don't care if some of my colleagues complain that there is no aircon and it's quite warm in the afternoon. By nature i do not sweat that much, so the heat is still bearable to me. Having the option of good and cheap food is more important to me. It's definitely worth the sacrifice :) The famous Outram Park Char Kuey Teow, Clayfish Horfun, cheap and good wanton mee and many more. OMG, now i am even hungrier!


Back to the main topic.





To be honest, in the past whenever i walked past this Barcook Bakery shop just opp the old Hong Lim food centre (under renovation now), i always noticed a super long queue. Naturally i got quite curious about this bread shop. What exactly is so special about it that some people don't even mind queuing more than 10 mins for it? And the funny sight is that most people don't just buy 1 or 2. They bought in 5s or 10s. Some even swept up almost the entire tray! The fact that it's not even situated in a super crowded place like shopping centre makes it even more puzzling. Then again, even though i was curious, i was put off by the long queue and did not even bother giving it a try until one day...



I FINALLY KNOW WHY!!!


Thanks to my colleague, Karen who happened to be in the queue one day when i walked past that shop again after my lunch. Upon seeing me, she excitedly claimed that the bread is a MUST TRY. Their speciality is apparently this bread call "Raisin Cream Cheese". So she volunteered to help me buy one to test it out since it's almost her turn.

After taking a bite, i felt as though i was in heaven at that moment! My god,what have i been missing out on all the while? The texture of the dough is unbelievably soft! The cream cheese fillings is distributed with the right proportion. They are so precise about it that i even witnessed the chefs weighing each dough with a weighing scale. Even though it's cream cheese, it's not too jelak. And the best part? It's freshly-baked from the oven. Imagine the warm creamy cheese oozing out from the bread after every single bite... How often do you get to eat bread that are still warm when you eat it? Like a child who just received a new toy, i happily share the wonderful news with the rest of my colleagues upon reaching my office. To my surprise (actually i shouldnt be), they already tried it before. To quote their words,


"It's the beeeeeesssssst thing in the world"



I felt so dumb. Wahahhaaa... I am the real "mountain turtle". Instantly, my manager passed me some moolahs and plead me to buy some back to share with the rest. And it was "my fault" cos i "tempted" them and made them crave for it too. Lolz... Being a new fan of this bread shop, i gladly offered my service to share the goodness :) In fact, it was so good that i told myself if i have the capital, i probably would have bought a franchise. Funnily enough, maybe the god is secretly listening in to my wishes. Shortly after i discovered this new-found delight, i found out that they decided to open up another outlet just above raffles place mrt! Now it's even easier for me to land my hand on one of those buns since i will definitely pass by there on my way to work. How convenient! Wahahhahaha... Another outlet in 'The Central' soon follows, also within walking distance from my office. 3x the convenience! How lucky is that! :P



Secretly took this pic while i was queuing up for it at the raffles place outlet. Needless to say, another long queue is expected. When was the last time u see people queuing up to buy bread? Coffee bun? Nahhh... It's history!




Taken from their website, which took me by surprise because i did not know they have so many varieties. Normally i only see the raisin cream cheese and 2-3 other types of bread on the counter tray. I don't seem to recall seeing so many varieties other than the fact that the raisin cream cheese is selling like hot cakes. Though i tried some of the above before, but nothing beats the best seller! The closest in terms of those i ever tried before is probably this cream bun called "Milkpan" from 'Provence'. But the one from Barcook is so much softer and is much more addictive.



Again, taken from their website showing how it looks like when it is freshly-baked from the oven.


Somehow, the dough flattens if you do not eat it on the spot. On surface, it looks just like any other bread...


Take a bit and it's simply drool-licious!


Are you hungry already? :)



I know i am!


Posted by 大路痴 @ 1:01 AM
2 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





eXTReMe Tracker

 


Skin designed and coded by Sparrow.