Profile

NAME: 大路痴



You only Live Once, so LIVE to dare, DARE to try, TRY to succeed, SUCCEED to fail, FAIL to learn, LEARN to live

VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE



Wishlist



* A Tablet
* Iphone 4
* Coach or Gucci bag/pouch/wallet
* A Mont Blanc Pen
* A Nintendo Wii
* A car license
* A car
* A diving license
* Qualify for Achievers Club 2010
* Reach my ideal weight of 50kg
* Try Bungee Jumping
* Try 'The Line' buffet at Shangri La Hotel
* A Man Utd Home Jersey
* Watch a Man U match live at Old Trafford
* Go Taiwan/HK/Thailand/Korea/Japan/
/USA/Aussie/Europe
Sunday, January 16, 2011

LOOKING BACK 2010...

Just got back from a Batam and Bintan trip and half the Jan is gone already!

Still finding it hard to believe it is already year 2011. Year 2010 seems to flash past just like that. Looking back at what i have achieved so far, last year seems to be a much happening and fulfilling year compared to previous years. As i reflect back, i realised how much i have changed, especially over the last 2 years. In terms of personal development and work achievement, i have achieved so much more compared to 2009, the year that i just joined AC. Back then, i was just a rookie, a lost soul wondering around and looking for directions. Life was mundane, i live with no sense of goal and purpose. Day after day, my life goes on just like that. I was afraid to try a lot of things. I find a lot of excuses for myself. I have no confidence in myself. No matter how hard i tried, nothing seems to work out for me. I keep wondering to myself have i make a mistake, or am i just plain unlucky. I did not achieve anything major in year 2009, other than a mini incentive trip to HK which i did not even go cos i sold it off. Basically, there was nothing to shout about in terms of what i achieved back then.

Now... 2010 was slightly different.

In terms of my career path, i achieved so much more. Even till now, i can still recall how miserable it felt to be left out previously when your colleagues were happily discussing about their incentive trips which you were not a part of because you failed to hit your goal. Being a rookie back then and seeing the empty spaces in the office when they were away, you cannot help but felt left out. The feeling totally sucks. It was then that i told myself this must not happen again. I want to be part of the fun, and so i made a resolution to work hard last year. Having the incentive trip at Athens as the next destination motivates me even more because travelling to Europe has long been a dream of mine. As i make a mental recollection, i am quite proud of myself in the sense that i have achieved pretty much most of the things in 2010 which i did not achieve in 2009. Let's see...


- I qualified for our Bingo night (the only one from my team) and was one of the few lucky winners that night (won 400+ cash :D)

- I qualified for the MDRT experience (again, only one from my team) which was held in Singapore this time (Arrgh!). Last year it was in Korea and i did not qualify. Damn it!

- I qualified for our A&H challenge (only me and another gal in my team), an incentive trip to Taiwan (Ah Zong Mee Sua, here i come!) The year before was in HK, which i qualified too.

- I missed my promotion in 2009, but i managed to clear my quota last year. This means that i will be promoted to an Executive Life Planner from Jan 2011 onwards :DDD

- Somehow, i managed to create a "small reputation" in my office as an A&H/Eldershield/Cold Call Queen. To be honest, i felt quite paiseh when people call me that. Even though there were many jokes about it, the seniors told me i should be proud of it because this implies that people respect me for something which they feel i am good at. In a way, i get what they are trying to say because i know my existence creates an impact, especially for the newer agents who approach me for help. It's like i used to be a "nobody", but now i am at least "somebody" in my office. Haha...

- And finally... My biggest achievement of all, i managed to clear my Achievers' Club last year, which means i get to go Athens in May this year! I am so happpppy! After missing out on Beijing the year before, no way am i gonna miss Athens. Clearing the Achievers' Club is like enrolling yourself in the 'Hall of Fame'. You are now officially the top 20% planner in GE. Not only that, your face will appear in 'The Straits Time' to celebrate your achievement on behalf of GE. This is what every planners aspire to achieve each year. The free advertising we receive from this certainly helps in instilling confidence in us, our clients and even prospects who have doubts in placing their hard-earned money with us.


Anyway, the itinerary for our trip has more or less been mapped out. Since we will be going Athens, we will be extending our trip to the nearby countries. Dubai is one place that we will be stopping by, since it is on the way to Athens. To be honest, this is one country that i probably would have never consider going by myself if not for this incentive trip. After Mike showed me some pictures, i was actually pretty excited to go. We will probably be staying in one of the hotels along the coast of Dubai, a famous man-made island in the shape of a palm tree. It looks something like this:

Totally cool and awesome right?

Following that, we will fly to Athens before travelling down to England and Scotland. Even at this point, i am so freaking excited because we will be stopping by Old Trafford, home ground of Manchester United!!!! OMG!!! It's like a dream come true for me! After watching from the small screen at home for almost 12 years, i am gonna get the chance to step inside the place that i always yearn to go someday. The only downside is that the season would have ended by the time we arrive there, meaning there will be no matchday games being played. Haiz... So sad. But still, a stadium tour is already a dream for me. I really cannot wait to go there! We will then fly to Italy for another couple more days before wrapping up the whole tour. All in all, the whole trip takes about 19 days, plus my taiwan trip which will probably take up another 1 week of my time. That means i will be away for about 1 mth. Faintz... Gonna be super broke after that :'(

I think i better work super hard for the coming months and start saving up. This year, the goal will be even tougher, because Hawaii will be the destination for next year! This is also one place that i have not been to before and i really look forward to going there. Looks like I have to double my work rate in order to achieve my goal this year. Hopefully i can also save up enough to get a car soon and achieve all the goals which i set out to do this year. I should be able to do it if i continue to persevere on.


Shall end off with the following phrase which i feel is pretty meaningful.


"You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore"

- Philip Stanhope, 'Lord Chesterfield' (1694-1773)




Posted by 大路痴 @ 11:23 PM
4 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





eXTReMe Tracker

 


Skin designed and coded by Sparrow.